The UpFront Mortgage Professional (UMP) is an organization that certifies loan officers according to their adherence to a 10-point commitment, focused on the highest moral and ethical standards in the mortgage industry. Our mortgage professionals must pass a rigorous test and certification process, as well as the National Certification (NMLS) licensing required by individual states and the Federal Government, to offer unparalleled transparency and dedication to your needs.
We’re Committed to Serve You
1. As an UpFront Mortgage Professional (UMP), my primary fiduciary responsibility is to you, the client, in all processes of obtaining your UMP mortgage, not to my own fees and commissions.
We Know Every Borrower is Different
2. I, your UMP, will use my best efforts to determine the loan type, features, and lender services that best meet your needs as a borrower, and to locate the best, UMP approved, lenders’ prices for your loan scenario.
We Put Honest and Ethical Service Before Commissions
3. I, your UMP, will quote all loans with an established Upfront fee that is built in to every loan quote you obtain, so you know exactly how much I am making. The fee will be a set commission that is lender or client paid. The fee will cover all services provided by the UMP, including any and all lender fees.
4. All UMP loan officers will credit you, the client, 100% of any and all lender rebates over the set Client UMP agreed upfront compensation. This credit can reduce the settlement charges to $0 (zero) if that loan option is chosen with the corresponding interest rate chosen by you, the client.
5. Upon closing of the UMP loan transaction you will receive your pre-paid appraisal and credit report fee back. This will be done as a credit in escrow to your closing costs.
Efficient Service is Important to You and Important to Us
6. Upon approval of your agreement to lock your loan on terms you have chosen, I, your UMP, will provide to you within 24 hours the actual lender final lock form to confirm your rate, lender premium credits if applicable, and closing costs package and impounds that you have agreed to for review.
We believe in Complete Transparency
7. I, your UMP will send each loan quote and fee package with up to 3 other lender’s real-time pricing options, so you, will know you are guaranteed to obtain the best rates of the day.
8. As an UMP, I guarantee the closing costs to you upfront. If at time of closing the amount due or owed is higher than the Upfront guarantee, I will personally pay the difference out of their pocket to close the escrow as guaranteed.
We Continuously Work to Find you the Best Rate- Even After Locking
9. All UMP’s can offer you our exclusive “FREE RATE ROLL DOWN AFTER LOCKING” feature. Once you agree to lock your loan on the terms you choose, I, your UMP will offer to re-lock your loan and get you a lower rate if one becomes available before your docs are drawn at NO COST or Re-Negotiation fee to you**
We’re Constantly Working to Improve Mortgage Industry Standards
10. All UMP will hold the certification and pass the mortgage education classes by the MTG Professor before being allowed to become a UMP. They will keep this designation in good standing and complete all continuing education classes.
Want to make your purchase transaction a full UpFront Real Estate and Loan Transaction?
All Certified Upfront Mortgage Professionals (UMP’s) will adhere to the 10 point UMP commitment on every loan transacted and on Upfront Mortgage Purchase transactions additionally do the following 5 added commitment points for its clients purchasing a home to occupy, invest in or buy as a vacation (2nd)home:
1.UMP’s will provide a list of Upfront Real Estate Agents in your area if requested who have been vetted and are committed to the Upfront concept and with their own commitment to assist you in your home purchase search.
2. All UREA (Upfront Real Estate Agents) will credit/refund/rebate you 1% of your purchase price towards your non-recurring closing costs as allowed by terms from your Lender and that are applicable and adhere to your primary State of purchase and Federal real estate laws. UMP’s are not responsible for the credit/refund/rebate as it is written in the purchase contract and approved by all parties and the agency agreement between agent and client in the contract takes precedent.
3. UMP’s will guarantee your transaction closing date in writing and cover all extension fees for any delay not caused by acts of God or client response time with respect to items pertaining to the loan process. Not covered is extensions that are due to inspections, work to be performed or any other aspect not performed by any and all parties of the fully executed Real Estate contract that is State compliant.
4. UMP’s will offer for No Cost, a free no obligation pre-approval and pre-approval certificate within 24 hours of receiving the requested and necessary documentation.
5. UMPs will be available all weekends and evenings to prepare a pre-approval letter for your offer and we will guarantee to do it with 3 hours of any reasonable request by your chosen agent.