Certified UMP Loan Officers are required to be members in good standing of the Upfront Mortgage Professionals and assist consumers with the 10 Point UMP Commitment was designed by Professor Jack Guttentag (the Mortgage Professor). Only Upfront Mortgage Professionals who have taken and passed this exam can be listed on the UMP site and the Mortgage Professor’s site as Certified. This exclusive certification for broker/bankers will set you apart from the NMLS test and only serious clients will contact you.
Certified loan officers (CLO’s) who are doing business as UMP’s exclusively will be:
- Certified for knowledge and competence through the examination designed and implemented by the Mortgage Professor (MP)
- Certified for pricing integrity by an assessment of the UMP’s pricing system and delivery channels
- Have an exclusive in-State page listing where you do business that will have no more than 2 loan officers in your State to receive all leads and business referrals!
- Able to access the (MP’s) decision support system for clients who request it
- Able to access the Mortgage Professor as an ombudsman for any mortgage related inquiries
- Tested on a regular basis with Continuing Education exams to ensure all UMP’s are up to date on new mortgage laws and regulations.
- Be able to use your UMP/CLO designation in your region to get appointments with Realtors, CPA’s, Financial Planners, Attorneys and other affinity partners.